A Special Message

I'm not an expert on weight loss, nutrician, fitness, diets, etc. & don't claim to be. I just do a lot of research on the subjects, so I can bring you the best information I can find. You won't find a lot of hokey fad diet crap on this blog, just honest info you can use to become more healthy & fit. Hope you enjoy it. Terry

Friday, March 4, 2011

Water - An important weight loss tool

 Sometimes, it's the simple things that have the biggest impact.

Water is important to your health & well being for a lot of reasons. If you don't drink enough water every day, it has an impact on your health, fitness & weight. Your body needs an adequate amount of water to function properly. Without it, your organs will not work properly. The kidneys & liver will not rid your body of harmful substances that need to be flushed out. Without water, your energy level will not be at it's best. Your digestive system will not function as it should, therefore you will not acheive proper elimination of the food that you consume, which can be toxic for your body. On top of being toxic, it will cause you to retain waste & become constipated.[ yes, I used the c word ] That causes you to weigh more than you should. Depending on your level of retention, you could be carrying around an extra 5-15 lbs. A good colon cleanse, using a gentle laxative, will get you cleaned out & on your way to being healthier. I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate water, I have to force myself to drink it. But, here is another fact that I have learned. Recent studies have shown that especially for people middle aged & up, drinking 1-2 glasses of water before meals, will cause you to lose more weight than someone that doesn't drink before meals. I personally think that there are 2 reasons for that. #1, you having water in your stomach before eating will cause you to eat less & #2, it will aid in the digestion process, which means the food will move out of your system quicker & easier.
So, bottom line is, drink your water if you want to be healthy, fit & lose weight. Hope this is helpful to ya'll.

As always, I look forward to your comments & suggestions. Thanks for visiting. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment